The Man on the Balcony: A Martin Beck Police Mystery (3)
The chilling third -- and breakthrough -- novel in the Martin Beck mystery series by the internationally renowned crime writing duo, finds Martin Beck investigating a string of child murders. With an introduction by Jo Nesbo: "Sjöwall and Wahlöö have shoulders that can accomodate all of today's crime writers. And we are all there." In the once peaceful parks of Stockholm, a killer is stalking young girls and disposing their bodies. The city is on edge, and an undercurrent of fear has gripped its residents. Martin Beck, now a superintendent, has two possible witnesses: a silent, stone-cold mugger and a mute three year old boy. With the likelihood of another murder growing as each day passes, the police force work night and day. But their efforts have offered little insight into the methodology of the killer. Then a distant memory resurfaces in Beck's mind, and he may just have the break he needs.
- Publisher : Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (Feb. 10 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0307390470
- ISBN-13 : 79
- Item weight : 209 g
- Dimensions : 13.34 x 1.27 x 20.19 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #139,702 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) #1,501 in International Mystery & Crime (Books) #4,038 in Police Procedurals (Books) #5,254 in Murder Thrillers
- #1,501 in International Mystery & Crime (Books)
- #4,038 in Police Procedurals (Books)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.